The Rushmoor 10k is a fantastic, flat, trail race, amongst the beautiful Wellesley woodlands and Basingstoke canal towpath, mainly run on gravel paths winding in between the mature trees and enjoying the nature of the wonderful canal and some very unique military bridges. The run starts at the polo fields in Aldershot and finishes running into the army Rugby Stadium – where the P.B. bell is rung …… but only once you’ve earned it!!
Included in the 10k entry fee
Flat and beautifully scenic route, signposted with plenty of friendly marshals to keep you on the right path.
Bespoke collectable medal – A unique double-sided medal for everyone awarded at the finish. Each year, one side of the medal will depict a different Aldershot landmark. Keep entering (and finishing!) the race to keep collecting!
Parking – Parking for up to 300 cars. Parking marshals to make sure your entry and exit is as smooth as possible.
Baggage Drop – Fully manned baggage drop, somewhere to safely leave your belongings whilst you run.
Free run with Blackwater Valley Runners – Our hosts invite all participants to a free run with their super friendly club. Registration will take place at their home (Aldershot Cricket Club) on the Wednesday before the race, once you’ve collected your number, join BVR for a warm up run!
The 2021 race will look slightly different to previous years. We want marshals and runners to be as safe as possible, whilst trying to maintain the great atmosphere of the race.
* Fun Run. Unfortunately this year we need to avoid too many people being in the same place at the same time, this prevents us from holding the fun run. – Keep an eye out for the return of the fun run at 2022s event.
* T-Shirts. Following feedback we are not giving out T-Shirts this year. T-Shirts have a huge impact on the environment, as well as huge financial burden on the race.
* Limited places. This year, to allow more space for everyone and less congestion, we have limited the capacity to 70% Enter asap to avoid disappointment!
* Manual timing. Everyone will be manually timed from the start line to the finish line (similar to parkrun) the start line will be much wider so everyone should cross it in a few seconds.
* Water. – Runners will be expected to carry water if they need it on the race. Water will be available at the end of the race.
* Special precautions at the start/finish. One way systems, outside registration, no food stalls, etc. The course will be much the same as pre-covid, so you can compare your time to previous years and try and get a PB.
Rushmoor 10k will still be one of the cheapest 10k races around, flat, beautiful scenery, and we will be giving out the 3rd bespoke two-sided medal in the Rushmoor 10k collection.
If the race has to be cancelled due to covid, we’ll transfer everyone’s entry to the next event in 2022. We hope to be back to normal in 2022 with fun run, t-shirts, chip timing, food stalls, and another great medal.
Our pleasure is in making this 10k race accessible to everyone.