A new chapter in Aldershot’s rich history, Wellesley, delivered by Grainger plc, the UK’s largest listed residential landlord, is an exciting development of 3,850 new homes on the 255 hectare former Aldershot Garrison site in Hampshire, reinvigorating iconic military buildings into a place people are proud to call home, and bringing a new vibrancy to Aldershot town centre.
Wellesley is the result of a unique partnership between the MoD’s Defence Infrastructure Organisation and Grainger, working together to help deliver one of the country’s best new developments. Wellesley has received recognition for its high design standards and quality, awarded a Built for Life quality mark, and Wellesley was recognised for its innovative approach to public engagement and its exceptional planning application by being awarded the Planning Application of the Year at the 2014 Planning Awards.
The Wellesley vision:
- Wellesley is a safe and well-designed new community in Aldershot
- Through smart design and an innovative, long term approach to development, Wellesley has an integrated mix of high quality homes of different types and tenures
- World leading integrated technology including [one of] the first developments of its kind to have integrated BT Superfast Fibre Optic provided for in each new home
- Two local apprentices are currently working at Wellesley, with further apprenticeships planned throughout the construction phases
Development plans include:
- A new slip road onto the A331 and further highway improvements
- Two new primary schools
- Extensions to two secondary schools, providing over 675 new school places
- Two new pre-schools and day care centres
- 110 hectares of new managed green space, play areas, sports and community facilities
- The refurbishment of six listed buildings, including the Cambridge Military Hospital – whose design was influenced by the famous Florence Nightingale, Headquarters 4th Division and provision of a Heritage Trail
More information about the development can be found at www.wellesleyhampshire.co.uk